Yesterday, my Leap Motion Developer Device arrived and I started imeadiately to try the diverse SDKs. Setting up a Java project is simple because the official resource side provides an easy but great tutorial. A C++ project is some more difficult but fairly uncomplicated, as well, when you know how to configure include and library paths. Follow these easy steps to set up a project:
- Create a Win32 project via File -> New Project…
- Right click the project and select Properties
- Under Configuration Properties -> VC++ Directories -> Include directories add a link to [LeapSDK]\include
- Under Configuration Properties -> VC++ Directories -> Library directories add a link to [LeapSDK]\lib\x86
- Add Leap.dll (Or Leapd.dll in debug mode) under Linker -> Input.
- Include at least leap.h in your project and follow the official C++ tutorial to begin your first project.
Have fun! 🙂